- You have started pulling up on things. You are so proud of yourself every time you accomplish this. We had to lower your crib mattress down shortly after you turned 8 months old. Today you pulled yourself up to our first step and longingly looked up at your sister playing on the stairs. It won’t be long until you are cruising up the steps.
- You took you first three flights this week and did wonderful. Our carefully packed snacks helped a lot…you love to eat and sleep, kid!
- You are crawling around like you own the place. You have quickly learned what the word “no” means but are already starting to look back at us with a mischievous look when we say it to you.
- You love to giggle and talk to us. You can often be found saying “da-da” but I still don’t think you know what it means.
- You got spoiled on the cruise last week by eating fresh pureed fruits and veggies along with lots of table food each day. I think we are already getting close to being done with baby food. You prefer solid food but still show no signs of any teeth popping through.
- You love baths and being in the water. Your favorite part of the cruise was crawling all over the splash pad and playing with your sister. It was adorable.
- We officially moved you into the big girl car seat in mommy’s car and will be buying another one for daddy’s car soon.
- You have so much personality and love to laugh and dance. Tonight sissy sang “happy birthday” to you for your 9 month milestone and you rocked back and forth and waved your hands in the air.
- You can clap your hands and love to play peek-a-boo. You also enjoy looking at your reflection in the mirror. Today you were waving at yourself for a good 20 minutes straight.
- You have been wearing size 12 months for a few weeks now. Sometimes we even put you in 12-18 month shirts. You are a growing girl.
- Your feet also fit in the first pair of shoes that we bought for your sister when she turned one.
- We have started letting you drink water out of a sippy cup and you are already a champ at it. Now if we could just get you to hold your own bottle as well.
Zella Lou, you fit so perfectly in our family and we couldn’t imagine life without you. You bring us so many smiles and laughter. We love you!