The cat is out of the bag. I posted our pregnancy announcement to social media today and there is no more hiding this growing bump. We will be a family of four this August! (Due on my birthday to be exact.)
I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and couldn’t be more excited but it has been a long road.
Our family is no stranger to loss and pregnancy has never just come easy. It took us about 6 months to get pregnant with Bryn. I am very aware that this is average but when your friends seem to get pregnant at the bat of an eye, it feels like an eternity.
This time around it took us a little over a year of trying and going through another loss to get where we are now.
- where I don’t have to worry about making Dr.’s appointments to see what is going on
- where I don’t have to worry about the let down that comes with daily ovulation tests
- where I don’t have to try and make people understand that there really is no way to just “not think about it”
- where I don’t have this unnecessary pressure and strain on my relationship with my husband
- where I have connected with many other other women on a whole different level
- where I can look and see God’s plan through it all
We kept this pregnancy quiet for longer than we did with Bryn. Not because of that fear of loss but more so for us. We needed time for this miracle to just be ours and our families before letting everyone else hear about it. We needed time to simply be humbled by God and his plan for our future.
This past year gave me a small glimpse into infertility and what several of my friends have or are going through. I think about you ladies and pray for you daily. I wish there was more I could do other than to ask those of you who are reading this to do the same.
The feelings that come from infant loss or constantly trying to get pregnant are indescribable. If you haven’t been through it there is no way to know the type of pain. Love, support, and prayers are about the only things we can do to help others with that pain. God is there and he does see us through it is just so easy to get caught up in all of that pain and frustration.
I am so very thankful for such an all-knowing and loving God who is there through our trials and our triumphs.
God is good, my friends. God is good.