- At your 5 year check up you had the following stats:
Weight 41.8lbs (64%) Height 3’9”(92%)
- You are such a compassionate girl…usually. The other day you came home with a sticker from your dentist appointment. When Zella showed interest in it you immediately offered for her to have it.
- Your hair has finally grown enough to where you have had two professional haircuts/trims. You went to mommy’s stylist and did pretty well both times. You still have your beautiful curls which makes doing your hair in the morning a breeze.
- We recently moved your car seat to the third row of both of our cars. Although being in the very back isn’t your favorite, you do a great job of climbing back there and getting your seat belt buckled by yourself.
- You are such a smart girl. You love writing names of family members and friends. You can recognize a few words when “reading” and have memorized the book “Diary of a Worm.”
-You have been in swim lessons for almost two years and are doing great!
- You can count to about 49 before you need help remembering what comes next. You also already know some small addition problems.
- Your best friends at school are a set of triplet girls. You talk about them all the time. Several months ago you started tearing up on our way home from school. I asked what was wrong and you said that you just realized that you wouldn’t be in school with the triplets next year. We talked about it and made it better but it is so sweet to me the way your little brain works.
- You are bossy. You can often be found telling your sister what she should be doing. We constantly have to remind you that you are not her mother.
- You are such a big helper. Your jobs around the house are to help feed the dogs, set the table for dinner, fold laundry, and help with cleaning. You love to help with your younger siblings as well. You grab pacifiers, throw away diapers, and sing to them when they are upset.
- When you get nervous or shy you usually put your hands up to your mouth. We are working hard on responding to adults when they speak to you and looking them in the eye. You are really outgoing with people you are close to but get uneasy around people who aren’t family or even large groups of kids. During show and share each Friday they record you in front of the class and you are always timid.
- You still LOVE music. You pick up on songs so quickly. Awhile ago you asked about the “Band-Aids song.” It took us a long time to figure out that you meant Bad Blood by Taylor Swift because it has a line that says “Band-Aids don’t fix bullet holes.”
- Your current favorite songs to have Alexa play over and over again are “Boomerang,” “Body Like a Back Road,” “Party Freeze Dance,” “Legends,” and “Ain’t Going Down Till the Sun Comes Up.”
- You get excited about going out to restaurants based on what drink you can order there. You love going to our favorite Mexican restaurant because you know they have fruit punch. When we ask where you want to go for dinner you usually say something like “Longhorn because I can get root beer” or “Red Robin because I can get a shake.” Oh your memory.
- You are going into Kindergarten this year. Mommy is so sad to see you grow up and not be in the same school as her. I am sure you will do great!
Little lady you are growing too quickly. I love you so much and am so proud of you. I constantly pray that you will continue to be such a compassionate and caring person. Thank you for making me a proud momma.