Both our Roe and Starbody families were able to join us for her big day.
Her dress was slightly large on her but what can you expect when you order something cheap online from China. At least it made it to Indiana on time.
Pastor Eric showing Zella off to our church congregation as we all sang the traditional hymn “Jesus Loves Me.”
This picture pulls at my heart strings so much. Zella and her “papa” (my dad) who she resembles the most.
Celebrating Zella’s dedication to our heavenly father brought us all smiles and happiness through the pain of knowing that my dad’s father would be leaving us soon to join that same father in heaven.
The Starbody Side
The Roe Gang with two new babies on the way!
We ended the celebration with a taco bar, Kroger cake, and delicious cookies all the way from Illinois and the talented Ashley Patton.
Thank you Kathy, Ryan, Sam, mom, dad, Kaitlyn, Michael, and the Jones and Miller families for coming to celebrate our little lady. It means the world to us and we love getting to spend time with each of you.
- You have started pulling up on things. You are so proud of yourself every time you accomplish this. We had to lower your crib mattress down shortly after you turned 8 months old. Today you pulled yourself up to our first step and longingly looked up at your sister playing on the stairs. It won’t be long until you are cruising up the steps.
- You took you first three flights this week and did wonderful. Our carefully packed snacks helped a lot…you love to eat and sleep, kid!
- You are crawling around like you own the place. You have quickly learned what the word “no” means but are already starting to look back at us with a mischievous look when we say it to you.
- You love to giggle and talk to us. You can often be found saying “da-da” but I still don’t think you know what it means.
- You got spoiled on the cruise last week by eating fresh pureed fruits and veggies along with lots of table food each day. I think we are already getting close to being done with baby food. You prefer solid food but still show no signs of any teeth popping through.
- You love baths and being in the water. Your favorite part of the cruise was crawling all over the splash pad and playing with your sister. It was adorable.
- We officially moved you into the big girl car seat in mommy’s car and will be buying another one for daddy’s car soon.
- You have so much personality and love to laugh and dance. Tonight sissy sang “happy birthday” to you for your 9 month milestone and you rocked back and forth and waved your hands in the air.
- You can clap your hands and love to play peek-a-boo. You also enjoy looking at your reflection in the mirror. Today you were waving at yourself for a good 20 minutes straight.
- You have been wearing size 12 months for a few weeks now. Sometimes we even put you in 12-18 month shirts. You are a growing girl.
- Your feet also fit in the first pair of shoes that we bought for your sister when she turned one.
- We have started letting you drink water out of a sippy cup and you are already a champ at it. Now if we could just get you to hold your own bottle as well.
Zella Lou, you fit so perfectly in our family and we couldn’t imagine life without you. You bring us so many smiles and laughter. We love you!
My baby is now a four year old and getting ready to take on Pre-Kindergarten in the next month.
- You are the best big sister. You are always watching out for “Z”, helping to take care of her, and loving on her. It is one of my favorite things to watch the two of you together, although I am sure that will be changing soon as she is now mobile and getting into your toys more and more.
- You still have yet to receive your first official hair cut. We have been contemplating it recently but it is still not extremely long. (These pictures don’t do it justice because it is pulled back out of your face.)
- The natural curls in your hair are gorgeous and unruly at the same time. I am in awe of them.
- Your memory still amazes us. You can tell us exactly what other people said and did, even if it was months ago. If we miss place something we usually ask you where to find it, and you are usually correct!
- Not only can you write your first and last name but you have also taken interest in writing Zella, Kristin, and Nathan.
- You are still in swim lessons and doing great. We can’t wait to put your skills to the test during our upcoming Disney cruise.
- You had your first “friends” birthday party at our house last weekend. You were on cloud nine. (Post to come)
- You have started saying the “Our Father” and “Hail Mary” throughout the week at bed time along with the usual “I am thankful for/who I pray for”.
- Every once in awhile you get a treat of watching a Disney movie. Your current faves are Lightening McQueen and Beauty and the Beast.
- You are constantly singing and dancing. I love when you “shake your booty” and the face you make while you do it. You love requesting songs from “Alexa.” Your current go-to’s are the Trolls soundtrack, Snapback, Uptown Funk, Sugar, and more. It is hilarious when we have a playlist of country music from the 90’s playing and you immediately say “This is a good one” to songs you have never heard before in your life. You definitely have your mom and dad’s love for music.
- You love to be a helper and often ask how you can help with jobs around the house.
- Bentley is still your bud. He comes in and snuggles up next to you in bed each morning.
- You are full of spunk and always keep me laughing. You can also be extremely stubborn and have your share of fits but you can usually snap out of them pretty easily.
- You rode on the Primrose bus for the first time last weekend and loved it. (You were helping mommy take the bus back to school.) I am so sad to think that you will be going off on field trips in the bus this summer. How can you be old enough for that?
I love you so much little lady. I am incredibly thankful for the joy you bring into our lives.
please ignore the poor lighting in this months photos due to a hectic schedule
- You are still “inchworming” your way around the house. My personal favorite is when this occurs on our kitchen floor. It looks like you are doing the worm and it gets you places pretty quickly. (Baby proofing has started.) Slowly you are learning to do less belly flops and more leg movements to resemble more of a crawl. You have just a few weeks to be in tip top crawling shape for the diaper dash on the cruise…we are going for gold, baby!
- You were baptized this month. Hopefully one of these days I will get around to posting the pictures.
- You are chattering a lot more. You have said things that sounds roughly like “mama”, “dada”, and “ella” which we have convinced ourselves is “Zella.” Hopefully soon you will actually know what it is you are saying.
- You currently receive twice daily hand massages (Dr.’s orders.) It is amazing how much this has improved the scar tissue in you hand.
- You are eating all kinds of fruits, veggies, and other soft table food. Still no signs of teeth.
- You love to fall asleep on your tummy. Whenever you are placed on your back you are usually frantic. The minute we flip you over and pat your bottom a few times, you go right to sleep.
- You want to pull yourself up on things so badly but are not quite there yet.
- You have recently been taking about 5 out of your 6oz. of formula with each bottle. I’m not sure why that last ounce has become too much for you.
- I can’t get enough of the rolls on your thighs…more spaces for kisses.
- You have just about grown out of your car seat and are currently in 12month or 12-18month clothing. Such a big girl!
- You can often be found repeatedly slapping your hand on the nearest surface (usually someone else’s face) when you get excited. It hurts but is still pretty funny.
You bring us so many smiles, little girl. It is wonderful to see your personality coming out more and more.
We love you!