In my true blogger fashion, I am doing a catch up post. In the past few months I turned 30, Nathan had his last softball game of the year, Brynzlee has been attending her last school year at Primrose, and Zella turned 1 and recently has had 4 more teeth pop through (making for a whole 6 teeth now.)
To quote Dr. Seuss “But that is not all! Oh no, that is not all…”
In July we took a trip to Fort Morgan, AL, one of our favorite vacation spots. We had a blast spending time with my parents, grandparents, sister, and her BF, Michael. Zella loved walking on the beach and by the last day Bryn wasn’t terrified of the ocean any more…silly girl.
Right after returning from vacation, we were finally able to get our dream patio completed. We are so thankful for this space that allows us to fully enjoy our gorgeous back yard!
As our patio was being finished, we stumbled upon this dream home further out of town. This sparked lots of discussion and even an appointment with our relator to check out the home. The house sold the day before we were able to go see it.
Now if that alone doesn’t make you think we have lost it, this will. We have since been looking at houses and land online and even met with a custom home builder to look into options. We have been in our current house for only three years! Some days I think we have lost our minds but the thought of living out on some land close to town and having our kids grow up in a smaller school district is just too familiar and appealing. The good thing is we are in no rush to make any decisions.
To add to the crazy, on August 1st we found out we would be adding a third child into our bunch. We are so excited to be growing our family! Our 20 week ultrasound is next month. We can’t wait to see our healthy baby and find out if it is a he or she!
August was full of birthday party celebrations and spending time in the “new” play room. Once we had a patio to move our “dinning room table” to, we were able to make our formal dinning room a play room for the girls that gets used so much more!
September and October have been filled to the brim with time with friends and family. Last weekend Nathan and I, along with my BFF/SIL, became Godparents to our nephew, Maverick Jones. He is such a little blessing!
We also decided to book a last minute vacation to Disneyworld at the end of the year. We have never booked a trip like this only a few months out and the fact that my husband agreed to go back to Disneyworld with no nudging is a miracle in itself! December is going to be a whirlwind but hopefully it will all be worth it for our last vacay as a family of 4!
Here’s to hoping age is just a number and doesn’t make you lose your marbles. :)
We had a very low key celebration for Zella’s birthday this year. Nathan’s mom, her fiancé, and my mom came over to spend some time with us. It was perfect. The weather was beautiful and we were able to enjoy lunch out on the patio.
- You are getting closer and closer to walking. Currently, you need to hold on to someone else’s finger while you walk in order to feel confident enough.
- You are completely off of formula and on Vitamin D milk. We are working on getting rid of the bottle but you are stubborn.
- When we ask you if you want to “eat” or want a “snack” you now smack your lips in response.
- You have started to fold your hands when we pray at meal times. It is pretty adorable.
- You are still in 24 month/ 2T clothing. You also wear a size 4 shoe right now.
- I think you are slowly getting over your stranger danger. You still aren’t a huge fan of new people but are warming up to them a little easier than before.
- You are getting ready to start in the toddler classroom and love playing with all of their toys when you visit. The toddler playground is also a favorite of yours. –Our outdoorsy girl.-
Happy 1st birthday, baby girl! We love you so much. You are such a happy baby and we can’t wait to watch you continue to grow.
- You now have your front two bottom teeth. We are waiting on more teeth, but for now it is just the two.
- Your teachers said you dared to take a step on your own today. We are working hard on this because you are a chunk to carry around. :)
- I’m pretty sure eating is your favorite thing to do. You would sit and eat all day if we let you. I should have ordered two kids meals the other day because you out eat your sister typically.
- You already throw some mean tantrums. You are going to be a strong willed child just like your sister.
- Un-like your sister, you seem to love the outdoors. You love putting your feet in the grass, walking into the ocean, and playing in the sand with no hesitation. I think you were in heaven on our recent trip to AL.
- You sign for “please”, “all done”, and occasionally “more” and “thank-you.”
- You are talking more. You say “all done” aloud sometimes and say “hi” whenever you put a play phone up to your ear.
- You learned to give kisses and it is the most precious thing. Of course they are open mouthed but sometimes you will even make the “muah” sound when you do it. I have to admit you are pretty stingy with your kisses and will only do it when YOU want to.
- You are learning to tell your sister no when she gets to be too much. This is usually in the form of grunts or pushing her away.
- You are continuing to sleep like a champ through the night at home. However, you were not a big fan of sleeping in the pack and play on vacation.
- Thanks to grandpa Schmidt, you love watching birds. On vacation, he would take you on the porch daily to watch for the birds. You would help point them out because pointing is one of your new favorite things to do.
We love you you, little stinker! I can’t believe you are almost a toddler.