We had a very low key celebration for Zella’s birthday this year. Nathan’s mom, her fiancé, and my mom came over to spend some time with us. It was perfect. The weather was beautiful and we were able to enjoy lunch out on the patio.
- You are getting closer and closer to walking. Currently, you need to hold on to someone else’s finger while you walk in order to feel confident enough.
- You are completely off of formula and on Vitamin D milk. We are working on getting rid of the bottle but you are stubborn.
- When we ask you if you want to “eat” or want a “snack” you now smack your lips in response.
- You have started to fold your hands when we pray at meal times. It is pretty adorable.
- You are still in 24 month/ 2T clothing. You also wear a size 4 shoe right now.
- I think you are slowly getting over your stranger danger. You still aren’t a huge fan of new people but are warming up to them a little easier than before.
- You are getting ready to start in the toddler classroom and love playing with all of their toys when you visit. The toddler playground is also a favorite of yours. –Our outdoorsy girl.-
Happy 1st birthday, baby girl! We love you so much. You are such a happy baby and we can’t wait to watch you continue to grow.
- You now have your front two bottom teeth. We are waiting on more teeth, but for now it is just the two.
- Your teachers said you dared to take a step on your own today. We are working hard on this because you are a chunk to carry around. :)
- I’m pretty sure eating is your favorite thing to do. You would sit and eat all day if we let you. I should have ordered two kids meals the other day because you out eat your sister typically.
- You already throw some mean tantrums. You are going to be a strong willed child just like your sister.
- Un-like your sister, you seem to love the outdoors. You love putting your feet in the grass, walking into the ocean, and playing in the sand with no hesitation. I think you were in heaven on our recent trip to AL.
- You sign for “please”, “all done”, and occasionally “more” and “thank-you.”
- You are talking more. You say “all done” aloud sometimes and say “hi” whenever you put a play phone up to your ear.
- You learned to give kisses and it is the most precious thing. Of course they are open mouthed but sometimes you will even make the “muah” sound when you do it. I have to admit you are pretty stingy with your kisses and will only do it when YOU want to.
- You are learning to tell your sister no when she gets to be too much. This is usually in the form of grunts or pushing her away.
- You are continuing to sleep like a champ through the night at home. However, you were not a big fan of sleeping in the pack and play on vacation.
- Thanks to grandpa Schmidt, you love watching birds. On vacation, he would take you on the porch daily to watch for the birds. You would help point them out because pointing is one of your new favorite things to do.
We love you you, little stinker! I can’t believe you are almost a toddler.
We’ve been busy as usual. I’m trying to keep this space away from becoming just milestone updates on the girls so I thought I’d spend a little time doing my usual photo dump to get you caught up on life around here.
I got the honor of attending the annual Big Wish Gala for Make-A-Wish of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Our schools were three of five Primrose Schools recognized for exceeding $100,000 in giving!
Reagan Michelle Miller was born May 2nd and there couldn’t been a more precious niece. Brynzlee Grace is smitten over her only girl cousin!
We finally bought the perfect bench for our morning room. It is from my favorite furniture store, Arhaus.
We celebrated Frances turning one with our besties, the Cotton family! AND continued the celebration with all the party take-aways when we got home. Brynzlee Grace is a hoot.
This showed up in the mail and I have been obsessively stalking The Cadillac Palace Theater in hopes of getting tickets to opening weekend. I have been waiting years for the Phantom of the Opera sequel to come to the US!
Bryn and I have started a habit of eating ice cream sundaes. I shed a few tears the first time we used grandma Starbody’s pudding dishes.
Maverick Turner Jones was born on June 22nd. This little guy is just plain adorable. We have been lucky enough to spoil him with cuddles the past two weekends in a row!
This. This is what happens when you pull up to a store to buy your dad his favorite beer for his b-day only to realize your 4 year old is going to have a major melt down if you don’t let her push the kid’s cart. #momoftheyear
Fourth of July weekend at my mom and dad’s house. We were able to watch the Maroa fireworks with the whole Starbody clan and most of the Roe family. It was perfection!
The five youngest Roe grandbabies at Grandma Kathy’s house. The next couple years are going to be a blast with this bunch that just keeps on growing.
Happy 4th of July! (You can find me celebrating with my favorite flowers and some Blondie’s Cookies.)