- Photos this month were hard because all you wanted to do was roll over and nuzzle with the bear and chair. You also have a small scratch on your forehead from the challenging event of getting a shirt up over your big noggin.
- You love your baby food. You now eat two of the 4oz packages a day, one for lunch and one for dinner.
- You can sit on your own for short periods of time.
- You love to roll around and are pretty mobile now. You can roll across the room pretty quickly.
- You have still been waking up about once a night. I think it is because of some congestion. Last night you slept through the night while sitting up in your seat. I sure hope you do well on vacation in the pack and play each night!
- There are times you get so excited to see me that you wrap both your arms around my neck and nuzzle your face in me. It is one of my favorite things!
- You are standing on up your legs more and more lately (while we hold you of course.)
- Your skin may be darker like Bryn’s but you still have the dry eczema patches that Zella gets.
- You are constantly chewing on your fingers and will sometimes even suck on them.
- You love to blow bubbles out of your mouth. Your sisters constantly tell you that your shouldn’t be spitting.
Ryker, you are such a joy to be around. We love you so very, very much!!
- You are sitting up more and more with limited support. Big stuff!
- At your last Dr. apt they measured your head twice to make sure the measurements were correct. Your noggin is in the 99.6th percentile.
- You have started waking up once a night about every other night. You take a bottle and go back to bed…growing boy.
- You are such a chill baby. You love to just hang back and watch everything going on around you.
- Your giggle is the sweetest sound! We love to make you laugh.
- Zella Lou has been your buddy lately. She loves to lay down next to you on your mat, pat your head, and even visit you in your classroom during the day.
- Your hair is lightening up and falling out. You still have a large bald spot on the back of your head.
- You started rice cereal for the first time this week. You are a fan. You take about an ounce at a time right now.
- You are rolling over a lot. You have done it on both sides from back to belly and the other night, while no one was watching, you rolled from belly to back. Such a strong young man.
- You had your first trip to the State Fair today to celebrate your fourth month of life.
- You smile all the time…except when you are hungry.
- You burry your face in your momma’s arms when you are tired and fall right to sleep. It melts my heart every time!
- You constantly have your fingers in your mouth and love to gnaw on them.
- You typically sleep at night from 9:00pm until about 9:00am. You are almost always the last one up in our house.
- You have been working on your grasp and can even hold toys pretty well.
- Your neck strength is continuing to improve and you hold your head up for longer periods of time. I think you are almost ready for the bumpo seat.
- You want to be around everyone else. If we are eating dinner, you aren’t content unless you are sitting in your rocking seat right next to us.
- You love when your sisters ask to hold you. You just stare up at them and grin. You also soothe to them singing to you. It is pretty adorable.
- You are sleeping through the night! Lately, after your last bottle, you have been falling asleep on the floor in our living room all by yourself. We then move you up to your room for the night.
- You are also usually the last one up in the mornings. We have to wake you up to go to school during the week.
- Your teachers found out that you are a fan of the sleep sack. Your naps at school are typically somewhere between 30 minutes and a hour long.
- We switched you to a medium nipple this week and you are downing bottles with it. You still take 6 ounces every 3 hours.
- You are not a huge fan of tummy time. You will usually only last about 5-10minutes before you are mad and over it.
- You love to stretch out and lay on your back. There have been a couple of times where you almost rolled onto your side while on your play mat.
- You still enjoy watching your sisters. Watching the three of you all smiling at each other is just precious.
- You still smile a lot. Usually I can get you to smile right away when I ask you to say “mama” or when I run my fingers over the sides of your face. You are just so sweet!
- You are working hard on perfecting your reach. Lately you have started trying to grab at things. It is hilarious and adorable to watch. You currently favor your right arm with this.
- You hardly ever spit up but you do some serious spitting/drooling.
It is pretty uncommon for your shirt to be dry.
- You are such a chill baby! The other day your class was very hectic after “water play.” Mommy walked in to help get babies out of wet clothes and you didn’t make a peep. No crying, no tears, nothing, just taking in all the excitement. We love you more than you will ever know, Ryker Gene!